Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Awfully Quiet Here

We have been given a reprieve. We have 5 days of peace, as Jack is traveling for business. It was so nice to have a night of sleep where no one was trapesing through the bedroom to go to the bathroom every 20 minutes because he was drunk, and while in there singing or yelling, and for the topper, telling me he HATED ME (Capitalization his, not mine). What peace. What a lovely feeling of peace. But you know what - I still miss the man who I married, the one who had hidden his drinking from me for years. That man I miss. The alcoholic, I don't. So, for this few days, I will read to my heart's content, I will bask in the peace and watch any chick show on Style or TLC, and be joyful. I will see the joy in each moment. It.Is.There.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, thank you so very much for your comment about my grandmother.

    And then... honey, I just read your entire blog and if I could give you a hug right now I would... a good, long one that would end up making you feel just a little uncomfortable with how long it lasted. :) Your optimism in the face of alcoholism is truly eye-opening. What perspective! Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete