Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I am alive...and well!

I can tell you I was shocked to discover it's been over a year, and closing in on 18 months since I last posted.  I feel like I have all of these words that need to come out.  So here I go.  Pretty sure that no one is even left to wonder about this crazy life of mine.  A list seems in order, so...A list it is.

1. We have moved!  It's a delightful place, on some water, and it's just beautiful.  Even the snow on the water and trees was beautiful.  The only drawback, it's really difficult to leave and go to work.

2.  Maggie is in college!  She's not too far away, but far enough for her to be independent, which she has been since birth, but she still likes to come home once or twice a semester.  She's doing a summer session Study Abroad.  She's an amazing, wonderful, spunky young woman.

3.  LT is moving across the country.  I'm a little sad, because I know where he is now, I know where he lives, where he goes grocery shopping, I know that he's safe.  Where he's moving, none of us has ever been, but he's gotten a full-time job, with benefits and tuition assistance, and he's promised me he will keep taking classes, so he can get his degree without debt.  That's a really smart and good thing to do, but him moving there has me a little off-balance.  I know he will be fine, he already has.  I feel scared with not knowing.  He even already has an apartment.  The same can not be said for Abby's beau who recently moved 1200 miles, to arrive with no apartment, and really not sure what he was going to do.  Lucky for him, the company paid for his hotel while he figured it out.

4.  Abby is doing well, if slightly mired in her own drama.  She wants to move with said beau at the end of school.  SMH.  She's a grown-up too.

5.  All in all, we've raised our kids to be secure and independent, and they are...well, except for Jake.  He's still in the state institution for a year or so.  I had zero involvement in raising him, but oh boy, there are some choices he's made that it doesn't really matter how he was raised.  He knew better and did it anyway.  That's all I have to say about that.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading.  I'll try to be better about posting.  If I can drag myself away from the patio...

xxoo
WGO

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you back and to hear about the kids doing pretty well. Are you going to watch the B1G tournament? It starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete