Friday, February 15, 2013

The View from Here

Well, I'm finally feeling better from surgery.  I haven't really felt badly, just exhausted and not able to do much.  I have been pleasantly surprised at how amazing Jack has been and how well he's taken care of me.  It reminds me of the man I married, the one I knew before I knew he drank.  Thank God I'm in a place that I can accept the kindnesses and thoughtfulness and leave the crappy thinking behind me.
I still can't work, but am really enjoying my time off, my time to myself, and the 3 books I've already read, the knitting I'm doing, the peace and quiet.  If the TV is on at all, it's on HGTV.  Yes, this is my life, and I'm now a boring middle-aged woman!  Bahahaha.
Don't get me wrong, the struggles have still been present, but I'm doing better at taking what I like and leaving the rest.  It is a blessing.
LT is doing better this quarter at school.  He does have 2 high Cs, but the rest are all As and Bs.  Let's all continue to pray that this is the new pattern - keeping the highs!  After he overslept 3 of the first 4 days this week, he told me to chill out.  I told him I'd be happy to chill out once he learned to move the alarm so that he'd have to get OUT of the bed and turn off his alarm.  Let's just say, the clock moved and he's made the bus yesterday and today.  I guess that means now I can Chill out!  (Eyes rolled)
Abby finally got a job.  Not in her degree area, but it is a paying job.  That is a good thing all around.  Maggie is miss positivity or miss attitude.  Take your pick, but probably not the one you are ready for when it is about to happen! I love my teenagers, I love my teenagers...She says to herself repeatedly!
The best news is I finally am feeling much better.  My body seems to be healing and I don't feel exhausted every minute of the day.  Or that could be the daily naps I'm getting.  I'll take it!  The dog and I are best buddies.  She almost has me on her sleep schedule!
If you haven't heard, please run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore, library, or e-reader and purchase Sparkly Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle.  I read her blog religiously because she makes me laugh out loud.  Usually with some liquid in my mouth, then I spit all over my computer screen but it is so worth it!!!  I can't read it in bed when Jack is sleeping because it makes me laugh until I shake the bed, or cry at it's touching truth of what it is to be a mama and trying to figure out how life makes sense.  I can't recommend it enough if you want to feel uplifted.
Also, yesterday, as part of my self-imposed therapy, I went to the movies and saw "Silver Linings Playbook".  I didn't know anything about it, other than a couple of the ratings I saw online, and they were all positive.  It was a wonderful movie.  No nudity, few cuss words, and truthful portrayal of bi-polar and mental illness.  I didn't cry, and I left feeling good.  And it was on the discounted movie list!  A grand slam!
Hope I can be more diligent about posting now.  It feels like I've been gone forever.
Have a wonderful weekend, and hope you see a good movie or read a great book today!

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to see that movie, mainly because of the mental illness aspect. I'll have to check out that book too.

    I'm glad you're getting your strength back, it is amazing how we can feel like newborn kittens for so long after a surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you're back! I was surprised after my surgery how long it took me to feel normal again. I wasn't in pain, just not myself and tired. I'm not out running any marathons now, but I feel better.
    I finished Mel's book this weekend. It didn't disappoint.
    It sounds like you have found a very positive outlook and contentment. Please share your secret. I'm cranky. Probably because I'm angry. About everything.

    ReplyDelete