Friday, July 10, 2009

My time vs. God's time

There are watches that you can buy that tell time in more than one time zone. I think the world time is available on the internet. I have always wanted to have a watch or link that would tell me where we are in God's time. I know that would defeat the purpose of trusting in our God, and that we can not know what God knows. Sometimes however, it would be fabulous to know that, similar to giving birth to a baby, this period of suffering will END. There is a finite point in time where it will be over. We may not know exactly how long it will last but that baby must come out one way or another. I wish I could know when alcoholism will no longer reign in our household. There are so many ways we are doing better now - having armed ourselves as the family of an alcoholic, with words, wisdom and people who help us understand this disease, but honestly, I am so tired. So very tired. I want to see life through the my Jesus' eyes of hope and compassion. If only I had that watch. I guess I'll just have to settle for trusting Him more and stop trying to fix what I can't.
One day at a time. Thank you God for this beautiful day and your people who are my blessed friends.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd say Hi! I saw your comment over on T-shirt's blog and wanted to check you out. I loved what you said about basement people and balcony people. I could use a few more balcony people in my life.

    ReplyDelete