Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Been Awhile

So many days have passed since my last post. Ironically, it seems little has changed, except me. Which I think is a good thing. As I have re-read what I've written, I see how I've grown, become so much more sane, even while living in a slightly skewed and insane world. Again, all good. Thanks to Al-Anon, I have hope. I have hope that I can get better, whether Jack chooses to or not. It feels good. His cycle is continuing, but has done better over the summer with regard to the number of drinks he has. But he is a classic case study of the result of an alcoholic trying to control his drinking on his own. Eventually he's going to resort to what his body is screaming for. I'm just thankful that I can see beauty in the world, in our children, and even in him at times. Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment